LC Ants SP™ Acrylic Nest Size 2 – 127mm x 75mm x 30mm
Suitable for a small colony of up to 150 workers
– NEW Natural nest chamber layout with a stylish and sleek form
– NEW Multiple colour options, choose your favourite colour nest
– NEW Removable Tubing Connector
– NEW Solenopsis Proof (SP) as standard!
– NEW Our latest MagPort™ technology, making nest customisation and expansion a breeze
– NEW Textured base, to increase grip, giving larvae the ability to anchor themselves before spinning a cocoon
– Deep 14mm chamber depth to accommodate a vast number of ant species of various sizes
– Chemical-free, natural cellulose hydration sponge, which can be removed
Our SP™ Acrylic Nests feature extra-deep chambers (14mm) as standard, allowing ants, large or small to fit, removing the uncertainty over which depth nest to purchase. Specifically designed to house Solenopsis invicta & geminata.
Natural cellulose sponges are used for hydration, holding many times their own weight in water. The hydration chambers are situated on the top end of the nests, allowing for a humidity gradient to form, thereby providing the ants with the means to effectively select where to place their brood for optimal growth. You can adjust humidity precisely by selectively hydrating the chambers as required. The hydration sponges can be removed and replaced if necessary.
The acrylic nests can be used over and over again, simply unscrew the nest, wash with warm soapy water, and reassemble.
We have eliminated the issue of North and South Pole Magnet confusion by introducing black and white MagPorts. All you need to remember is that opposite colours attract! Included is a length of tubing which fits securely in the MagPorts should you require.